Monday, January 17, 2011

Become The Best You've Ever Been

Let’s face it. You and me, like every other person on this planet get into slumps or experience bumps in life's road and at times, need a boost. It’s easy provided you acknowledge the fact that it’s up to you and me to bring the feel-good-factor to pep up our lives. Nobody else will do it for us. Even on a bad day, I keep hoping that things will get better and if they don’t, on their own, I intervene.

I’ll tell you some rituals that I perform and stay away from the not-so-good-feelings that bog down many of us in a similar fashion. You too can try these and stay motivated.

1.Stick to your normal healthy routine: Eat a good breakfast. If you didn’t, have a healthy lunch. Pick one fruit of your choice and munch it on your way back home. Exercise for about 30 minutes every day depending on when you find the time; morning or evening.

2. Listen to something inspirational and/or healing (my favorite): Load your iPod with a play list for your choice. Enjoy your favorite music while cooking, stair climbing, or doing routine household chores. One of my favorite ways to start the day is by cranking some tunes and dancing while brushing my teeth.

3. Smile is contagious and it costs nothing: Make a deliberate effort to smile at people. They will smile back and you’ll feel good too. Observe things that make you smile and keep them in the corner of your head. They’ll make you smile when you sit in contemplation.

4. Feel good about yourself; always and all ways: Do you believe in Law of Attraction? It says that you attract into your life whatever you think about. So the idea is to feel and hope for everything good. If you stay motivated and positive by thinking about good things, you’ll get them.

5. Hang around with cheerful people: Friends or colleagues who belittle you in the disguise of “joking around,” make you feel terrible. Avoid them. Make friends with those whose positive energy makes you feel good. Go for a movie or have coffee with someone who cares for you treats you with love and respect.

6. You are inimitable: Don’t get into the petty habit of comparing yourself with others. When I do that, I feel bad and feel like a failure. Instead, I’ve started believing that I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be and that I’ll get where I want to, at the right time, under the right circumstances, and with the right people. This is what keeps me going.

7. Look good to feel good: This is probably the least talked about but awfully effective. Invest in nice, bright colored clothes. Dress in cheerful dresses and pretty shoes. And wear a stunning smile. It’ll get you noticed (in a good way of course!). People will like to speak to you. They’ll listen to what you have to say. When you step into a room, you won’t have to say or do anything to get people’s attention. Your positive vibes will do that for you.

So what are you waiting for? Quickly think about some not so good episodes of your daily life and swap them immediately with activities that add positivity, fun, and newness into your life. Get going NOW.

No comments: